Making your family safe and secure during the long winter season can be a bit of a challenge. However, it may not be as challenging as it may appear. Today, many homeowners who want to get their roofs repaired take it as more of a precaution. By doing so, they can ensure their families and friends are safe from the harsh elements of the winter season.
However, if you want to prevent roof damage this winter season, there are several tips & tricks you can follow. In this article, we are going to share a few that will help you prevent roof damage during the winter season, once and for all. So without further ado, let’s check them out.
1. Clean Your Gutters – Make sure to clean your gutters regularly throughout the year. Doing so will help ensure that any debris or leaves won’t accumulate on your roof, which can put extra stress on it, leading to damage. Unclean gutters can also lead to clogging the lines and one may find standing water on top of the roof. If this happens, it can lead to mold & mildew growth. In case, if the temperature falls below zero, the standing water can freeze, ultimately causing permanent damage to the roofing system.
2. Remove Debris – Make sure to remove any debris such as leaves, branches and other materials from your roof. Doing so will help prevent any moisture from gathering and damaging your roof. Leaving litter on the roof can cause accidents and even the smallest of objects tossed around due to harsh wind can result in dislodging shingles. Debris usually contains wet leaves, nuts, berries, pests, and other items, so make sure to clear them away regularly.
3. Treat Mold & Mildew – Are the shingles on the roof turning black, yellowish or green? It could be a moss or an algae, mildew or mold problem. They can often damage the shingles and sheathing underneath, which leaves off a nasty & musty odor. If you find a bad odor coming from the roof, it’s time to call a professional roofer and treat the mold/algae/moss or mildew problem right away. They have the best products for wiping out solutions which have invasive growth.
4. Reseal Piping, Skylights & Other Fixtures – It’s important to make sure your skylights, chimneys, other fixtures and piping are properly sealed. If you find any loose shingles or sections, make sure to repair them. It’s best to call roofing contractors for the job. They have the right tools and knowledge to help you get the job done professionally. Every hole that is left unattended, leads to water leakage or water dripping into your home. However, there are several products you can use to reseal and make your roof waterproof.
5. Inspect Your Roof Regularly – A regular inspection of your roof can help you determine if there is any damage. It’s best to call a professional roofer and hire them for the job. By doing so, you will get a certified specialist who can diagnose the issue and provide you with a solution. After all, it’s better to be safe than sorry. Conducting a roof inspection requires advanced tools & expertise in learning which parts of the roof need attention. Don’t miss out on assessing the condition of your roof before winter and take precautionary measures to avoid any damage.
At Dimensional Constructions, we offer a broad selection of roof repair, maintenance and installation services. We offer both residential & commercial roofing solutions at competitive prices. Whether you need to repair, replace or install a new roofing system, you can count on us for all your needs. Furthermore, we also provide winterizing services to ensure the roof is protected from the harsh winter season.
So, if you need any roofing service this winter season, call us now at 817-308-4824.