Many homeowners wait until they see signs of deterioration before they decide to paint their house. But if you wait until you see obvious signs of serious peeling and cracking, you maybe have already waited too long.
Paint gets damaged by the elements with every passing year causing it to crack. This often results in moisture, which can be disastrous for the exterior paint.
Since every home is different, there’s no hard and fast timeline for painting all. Most experts feel that you’ll need to paint every five to ten years, depending on the climate and weather in your area and the quality of the previous paint job.
Dimensional Pro wants to point out that a big determining factor is the surface of the house. They provide the following guidelines:
- Wood siding needs to be painted as frequently as every three to seven years. Four years, if it’s stained.
- Aluminum siding usually needs some attention – about five years.
- For Stucco, you’re looking at about every five to six years.
- If you’re lucky enough to have one of the newer types of siding materials, you’ll be touching up far less often.
- Cement fiberboard siding can go 10-15 years before repainting.
- If brick is not painted, it only needs an occasional cleaning. If it is painted, it can last 15-20 years.
But proper maintenance is just one reason to paint your house.
Maybe you “inherited” the exterior color of your home, and you’ve never been happy with it. Why wait any longer to paint it a color that’ll make you happy every time you pull into the driveway? How about the pride you’ll feel when you finally have one of the best looking houses in your Dallas – Fort Worth neighborhood. There’s nothing like the first great impression that a newly painted house makes to all who come by for a visit.
There are so many new and exciting colors from which to choose. A Dimensional Pro paint expert can help you pick out a color scheme that will not only make your home “pop” but will also showcase the best aspects of your home given its architectural style.
All set on the exterior? How about freshening up the interior of your home? Nothing perks up in the inside of your home like a fresh coat of paint. And if you’ve been yearning to do some remodeling but haven’t quite saved up the funds yet, changing out the colors is the next best thing.
So don’t put it off any longer. Call the experts at Dimensional Pro today to talk about your painting options. We’ll offer you a free consultation and provide you with an affordable quote that’ll fit within your budget.